- Childcare centers and daycares
- Rehabilitation centers
- Youth centers
- Medical clinics
- Residences for seniors
- Community organizations
- Private practice
- And many more!
Ultimately, the psychoeducator is called upon to work with people who have difficulties coping which are reflected on the behavioral, emotional and social spheres of their lives. Thus, whether it is a child with oppositional disorder or an elderly person in transition to a residence for seniors, the psychoeducator can work with those individuals.The services of a psychoeducator can be beneficial in a wide array of settings (OPPQ, 2019).
- To help you through a difficult time or crisis whether it be on a personal, family and or/professional level
- To help you better understand a relative in which you noticed behavioral, emotional or social changes
- To help you reorganize your life following events that have caused major changes or imbalances
- To support you in a period of change or going back to work/school following a significant event (e.g. bereavement, illness)
- To help you better manage your emotions and understand their drivers
- To help you better understand and interact with individuals presenting physical or mental illnesses
Various services are offered by the psychoeducator to better understand the client’s issue and offer him the best possible service considering all underlying adaptive challenges (OPPQ, 2019).
- Evaluation of the individual’s development and behaviour
- Screening and prevention of adjustment issues
- Crisis intervention
- Support for parental skills development
- Family intervention
- Development of an intervention plan adapted to the individual’s situation and entourage
- Support in a child care and school setting
- Accompanying seniors
- Assessment for school exemption
- Prevention for clients in difficulty
Changed in a loved one can be hard to understand. Nonetheless, by listening, understanding, and showing empathy to the individual, it may become easier to grasp how to help him or her. The person’s behavioral, emotional, and social manifestations following events in their lives must also be taken in consideration.